It’s the last day of 2018. Every year end, I have several things to do, including review my last year and to make new plans for my new year.
When I review my 2018 plans, I have a list of 12 goals; today when I am reviewing it, I achieved 10 out of 12.
12 blogs in 2018 (this is my 12th one in 2018);
- watch a good movie with my son every month;
- sponsor a kid who needs help;
- at least 3 hours of exercise every week;
- start my own digital company as a part time hobby;
- use the cell phone for leisure less than 45 mins ;
- go to sleep before 11:30, unless there’s something urgent;
- continue learning about digital marketing;
- the habit of self-reflection;
- read the Bible, but not as much as I planned
Failed to achieve:
- read one book every month (I read 7 books in 2018, so 5 less compared to my plan);
What’s my plan for 2019? I have a busier life, so I need to prioritize it more so I can have a balanced life.
I realized that all kinds of interruptions can pull me to all kinds of directions, including occupying my time.
I would like to have some priorities to direct me when I don’t know whether to accept an invitation to a party over other choices:
1. Physical activity –the more I do regular exercise, the more I realize the beauty of it. Although the initial purpose of the exercise is to keep fit, I found the exercise can keep a balanced body and mind, as the exercise helps me to stay healthy and in a good state;
2. Spiritual need – communication with family is always my need; my son, husband, my parents, and my good friends who understand me; read a good book, watch a great movie; everything will enrich my life and make my life more beautiful and deep;
3. Sufficient sleep hours –in 2018, I have been staying up late for a while. It’s easy to stay up late but every time I did that I feel very tired and exhausted. I should manage my time more efficiently and have sufficient sleep hours
4. Work, life, family – I am a bit of a workaholic, and I love continuous learning. However, I need to have a balance between work, life, and family.
5. Continue learning –learning makes me more fulfilled.
In 2019, in addition to the 2018 plans, I will add one more –continue to learn piano and enjoy the music.
1. 12 blogs in 2019
2. watch a good movie with my son every month;
3. sponsor a kid who needs help;
4. at least 3 hours of exercise every week;
5. explore business model and make the website for my own part-time digital company;
6. use the cell phone for leisure less than 45 mins ;
7. go to sleep before 11:30, unless there’s something urgent;
8. continue learning on digital marketing and more;
9. habit of self-reflection;
10. read the Bible
11. read one book every month
I am hoping when looking back, I can have a high achievement rate like I did in 2018.
Goodbye my 2018, hello my 2019!